Saturday, September 5, 2009

Monkey patch

When in doubt, sew kids' clothes! This monkey patch was inspired by my son's favorite soft toy, a monkey named "Charly", and is on its way to becoming part of a pair of boys' pants.


Thank you for the input on the coat. I had a good long look at all the material on The Great Coat Sew-Along (an amazing site; if you haven't seen it, go look!), and now I'm more motivated to make a coat than ever. But your comments were right; while it's a great pattern I'd love to see made up, my fabric may not be the best option for it. Or the other way around, I may need another pattern.
So I might:
a) get more fabric and make up the pattern in question,
b) search for a better pattern and make up my fabric.
While it's percolating, I'll plod on with the kids' fall/winter wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin