Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Girl's Blouse/Mädchenbluse Ottobre 1/2008/16

I have sewn my first mini-SWAP, except I didn't have a plan so it it's more like a SWOP (Sewing WithOut a Plan). Two tops and two pants for DD, and everything matches everything else. I reviewed the first top here and the first pants here. This is the second top:







It is sewn from "Tilda" fabric, which is from a Scandinavian fabric and craft patterns line very popular in Germany. Undeniably pretty, and very expensive, which irks me and usually makes me boycot the fabrics. Last week I found a remnant (1/2 a metre) for 50 % off though, and sewed it up as soon as I got home. To stick with the peasant top theme, I thought of the Ottobre raglan sleeve blouse pattern right away. It calls for 0.75 metres of fabric, but with adding a band at waist height and a very creative pattern layout I managed to squeeze it in.





DD has a heavy case of princess-ness, and while I prefer she also learns to cook, sew and practise the law (to name a far-fetched example), I totally understand her love for all things beautiful. Her face lit up when seeing this blouse, and she looks like a princess indeed!



So planvoll have ich noch nie genäht, wenn man mal davon absieht, dass ich keinen Plan hatte. Meine Tochter hat zwei Oberteile und zwei Hosen bekommen, die auch noch alle zusammen passen. Ein Top und eine Hose habt Ihr schon gesehen; hier ist Top II.







Normalerweise boykottiere ich ja Tilda-Stoffe, weil ich es gemein finde, dass Schönes so teuer sein muss. Als ich aber diesen Rest (1/2 m) um die Hälfte reduziert bei Karstadt sah, habe ich zugegriffen, und selten so schnell verarbeitet. Mir war gleich klar, dass ich diese Raglan-Bluse nähen wollte, die allerdings 0,75 m Stoff erfordert. Naja, wenn man die Musterrichtung außer acht lässt und eine Blende in Taillenhöhe einfügt, geht es auch so!



Unsere Tochter lebt gerne ihre Prinzessinnen-Fantasien aus (und ich versuche ihr nicht immer mit "damals in den 70ern mussten wir alle Latzhosen tragen"... zu kommen!). Ich fände es natürlich gut, wenn sie außer Tee trinken auch noch was Vernünftiges lernt, habe aber volles Verständnis für ihre Sehnsucht nach Schönem. Was soll ich sagen, sie liebt die Bluse, und sie sieht darin sehr royal aus!

5 comments:

  1. I could never sacrifice such a cute fabric for my daughter. You are much nicer than I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely, and perfect for a sweet princess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top is very pretty. I can understand why your daughter is so pleased with it. She may remember it long after she can no longer wear it. I can still remember certain pieces of clothing that my mother sewed for me over 40 years ago, in particular a purple cotton print top. She also used some of the scraps in a quilt she made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I cook, sew, and practice law (and as I recall you do too?). There's definitely hope! Meanwhile, she can enjoy this adorable top.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin