Monday, May 23, 2011

Boy's Cap and Girl's Tote/Jungenmütze und Mädchentasche

After making the pajamas, I dutifully consigned my old ones to the rag bag. Enter DS, crying, "But Mom! They're so soft! These are your best pajamas!!" Enter, then, my first refashion project (radical refashion, I might add). Pajama pants to boy's cap lining (not shown) and appliqué. What riddles me most: I used scraps of navy fabric to make the outer cap, but I can't remember having sewn anything in a navy blue smooth cotton. Hmmmm.






I used the pattern Ottobre 3/2010/39, "Cap Coconut", before here.








Nachdem ich meinen neuen Schlafanzug fertig hatte, wollte ich den alten unauffällig in die Altkleidersammlung schmuggeln. Söhnchen kriegte die Krise. "Der ist so schön! Und so weich! Das ist dein schönster Schlafanzug, den kannst du nicht wegtun!!" Okay, aber zerschneiden kann ich schon. Zur Applikation und Futter (nicht abgebildet) dieser Mütze. Die habe ich übrigens schon mal genäht (auch als Recycling-Projekt), hier. Das Schnittmuster ist Ottobre 3/2010/39, "Coconut".




While DS is at choir practice, DD and I have a girl's library date. Here's the tote bag to go with it:







Während unser Großer neuerdings beim Chor ist, gehe ich mit der Kleinen in die Bücherei. Da musste natürlich eine Mädchenbüchertasche her. Dringend.






Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. That's the cutest hat, and the print on the bag makes my young heart sing. PJ's are one of my favorite things, why don't I make more of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little projects! I love your son's cap a little on the small side. It looks so cute that way. It reminds me of those old-fashioned boys' school caps, and much better proportioned than the modern ones. I've heard so much about those magazines, wish we got that them here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the print on that bag. So adorable. The hat is adorable too, love that red topstitching on the brim.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin