Monday, October 22, 2012

Girl's Skirt/Mädchenrock Ottobre 6/2008/16


I discovered a new (to me) fabric shop in Bonn. It's like a candy store for sewers in there and I'd love to show a few pictures; must bring my camera next time (I keep forgetting I have a phone with a camera!). The first time I went there I saw this Echino fabric. I'd never seen Echino fabrics in a store or at a market, and they have quite a selection. Since I adore the designs, this was a real treat, and of course I had to buy some!

(Front)

DD is growing out of her Matryoshka skirt which is a real tragedy. Funny, too, because this was made with more speed than care, but it is her best loved skirt which now only just covers her behind. I thought this Echino fabric would make a good replacement.

(Back)

Of course, Echino fabric being quite expensive, I bought too little (I also forgot the width issue AGAIN – will I ever learn?), so I had to fill in with a remnant of the elephant jean bag lining.

(Pleat Detail)

I used Ottobre 6/2008 Nr. 16 „Tammy“ for a pattern and I love the result. Well, what do I know? DD will wear it, but it's nowhere near as loved as the Matryoshka skirt. Should I source more matryoshka fabric and make an upscaled copy? What would you do?

(Love this!)

Happy sewing!

*******************************************************

Vor ein paar Wochen habe ich in Bonn den Stoffladen „Stofftänzer“ entdeckt, und mein bunt-niedlich-nähen-Puls schlug höher. Der Laden ist wirklich entzückend und hat, das muss ich zur Ehrenrettung sagen, nicht nur stoffgewordenen Süßkram, sondern auch schöne Unis, Jerseys, Wolltuch, Fleece uvm.

(vorne)

Aber was interessiert mich das, brauche ICH etwas zum Anziehen? (Ehrlich gesagt, ja, aber wer hat Lust, graues Tuch zu nähen, wenn man statt dessen...)

(hinten)

… zum ersten Mal live und nicht nur im Internet, Echino Stoffe vor sich sieht? Ich hatte auch eine gute Ausrede, mein Töchterchen kann nämlich ihren geliebten Matrjoschka-Rock mittlerweile als Gürtel tragen und Ersatz musste her. Zum Matrjoschka-Rock: den hatte ich wirklich spontan, schnell und ein bisschen ungenau zusammengeschustert. So etwas wird dann logischerweise ein Lieblingsteil!

(Faltendetail)

Natürlich habe ich zu wenig Stoff gekauft. Wisst Ihr, was Echino-Stoffe kosten? Ohnmacht inklusive. Die mindere Stoffbreite hatte ich auch wieder übersehen. So musste dann mit dem Elefantenfutter-Rest vom Jeanstaschen-Nähen ergänzt werden. Als Schnitt habe ich Ottobre 6/2008 Nr. 16 Rock „Tammy“ verwendet. 


(Cool!)

Das Ende vom Lied: Mir gefällt er sehr gut, Töchterchen hingegen trägt ihn zwar, aber an den Matrjoschka-Rock kommt er nicht heran.

Was würdet Ihr machen? Neuen Matrjoschka-Stoff kaufen und eine vergrößerte Kopie schneidern? Lohnt sich die Mühe?

Näht schön!

6 comments:

  1. Buying too little fabric turned out to be good luck because the two different fabrics look great together and really show off the pleats. I hope this becomes your daughter's new favourite skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karin! I love the different print peeking out of the pleat folds.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this is a great skirt. I love the two different fabrics.

    Kds are funny, you never know what they are going to like. Maybe you should ask her to help you pick out a new fabric and style to make a new favorite skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the elephants. What an adorable skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this skirt. The elephants emphasise the fabulous glasses on the ?deer. What cool prints together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what an adorable skirt! I would have never guessed that you didn't plan to use the two fabrics together. They compliment each other so well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin