Thursday, November 15, 2012

Burda Style Stole My Holiday Pics/Burda hat meine Urlaubsfotos geklaut

Last summer I decided to give a long, billowy tunic/blouse one last chance to redeem itself in my wardrobe. I wore it in a combination that is wholly untypical for me, with a long skirt, layers swallowing me whole.



When I looked at the photographs, I might have uttered a small "What was I thinking?" My best friend may have uttered a small "You're really starting to resemble your mother dear", too.

Well, need it or not I can't resist a fresh issue of Burda Style at the kiosk. Imagine my surprise when I looked at this photograph! Long billowy top. Check. Long black skirt. Check. Wooden jetty. Check.



I even wore it with a hat. What the...?



Burda, are you there? Just give me a call for any more photoshoot/styling ideas. You and my middle-aged aesthetic will get along swimmingly!

Who wore it best?

Disclaimer: I sewed none of these things (other than the Cath Kidston bag). Burda, you know I love you. I hope we're still friends.

*****************************

Das Outfit war eigentlich eine Notlösung; die lange Bluse musste mit, weil sie so lange im Schrank hängt und höchstens im Urlaub getragen wird. Der Rock hat schon meine Schwangerschaften überstanden und ist auf Reisen immer noch unschlagbar. Also kleidete ich mich, nicht ganz überzeugt aber sehr bequem, in einem mir eigentlich gänzlich fremden Stil: Voluminöser Lagen-Look.



Als ich die Urlaubsfotos durchging dachte ich ja noch, "Was hat mich denn da geritten?" Meine Freundin kommentierte tatsächlich, ich sähe meine Mutter immer ähnlicher. Nichts gegen meine Mutter, aber...

Was wir beide nicht wussten: Genau das war der letzte Schrei. Ich schlage die Dezember-Burda auf und traue meinen Augen nicht. Langbluse? Ja. Langer schwarzer Rock? Genau. Holzsteg? Auch das.



Ich habe sogar einen Hut dazu getragen.



Wann macht Burda eigentlich ihre Fotos für die Dezember-Ausgabe? Anfang August? Kommt ungefähr hin.

Liebe Burda, ruf' mich doch einfach an, wenn Du mal wieder eine Styling-Idee benötigst. Und Deine Zielgruppe kennen wir jetzt auch: Mittelalte Hausfrauen in Urlaubslaune.



Und was hat das mit Nähen zu tun? Gar nichts, selbst gemacht ist nur die Cath Kidston Tasche. Burda, nichts für ungut. Ich habe Dich trotzdem lieb.

6 comments:

  1. ROFL! You are ahead of your time.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are simply ahead of the curve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that made me SNORT OUT LOUD with laughter. You are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I really did not understand the theme of the Amish waterside shoot. Is that really a demographic?

    That said, I do like your outfit. It looks comfy and casual chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! A Burda photographer must have seen you on the street!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin