Saturday, February 18, 2012

Boy's Sweater/Jungspulli



I have sewn up a garment which will be, hopefully, my first FEA project. It's a little boy's sweater in size 80 (European), the pattern is - vaguely - Ottobre 1/2009/5 "Muksis". I left off the sleeve cuffs (lengthened the sleeve instead) and the front pocket to leave room for the stencil. I notice that the back hem is curved and the front is not while the pattern drawing looks exactly the other way around. Hmmm... wonder what went wrong there.


The sweater is for a little boy whose parents are horse-crazy so I now need to look for possible stencil motifs. I would like a rocking-horse, but we'll see. It would of course have been more practical to stencil the pattern piece before sewing it up, but I wanted to get a feel for the dimensions of the sweater when choosing the stencil. So now I'll have to be extra careful and maybe make a test stencil first.

If you like horses, I hope you have seen the overwhelming cuteness that Cindy embellished on a shirt for her daughter!

I have yet to show you the finished boy costume (and a few action pics?!), but that may have to wait until after carnival. Alaaf!

************************************************



Ich habe ein Shirt/Pulli genäht, das mein erstes (hoffentlich!) vollendetes GSV-Project werden soll. Ich suche noch nach dem passenden Motiv, das ich dann mit "freezer paper" aufschablonieren kann. Die Eltern des Kindes reiten leiderschaftlich gern, also suche ich ein entsprechendes Motiv. Cindy hat ihrer Tochter ein supersüßes Pferdeshirt gemacht; wenn ich nichts anderes finde (ich persönlich mag Schaukelpferde), komme ich vielleicht darauf zurück.



Noch zum Pulli: der Schnitt ist Ottobre 1/2009/5 "Muksis" in Größe 80. Ich habe die breiten Ärmelbündchen weggelassen (und die Ärmel verlängert), sowie auch die Tasche auf dem Bauch, damit Platz für die Schablone bleibt. Als ich fertig war fiel mir auf, dass der hintere Saum länger und geschwungen ist, auf der Schnittzeichnung sieht es aber so aus, als sollte der vordere Saum so sein. Tja, wer weiß was da falschgelaufen ist...

Es wäre natürlich einfacher gewesen, auf den unvernähten Stoff zu schablonieren, aber ich wollte das Motiv gegen das fertige Kleidungsstück halten können. Jetzt muss ich eben vorsichtig sein, vielleicht auch einen Test machen.

Dann habe ich Euch auch noch ein fertiges Jungskostüm zu zeigen, aber ich glaube, das muss bis nach Karneval warten. Alaaf!

7 comments:

  1. It looks like a perfect base for a stencil. I am looking forward to seeing your design. Horses are difficult to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cute. I love the stripy sleeves and binding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shirt! I'm looking forward to seeing what horse design you end up using.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is so cute, I would love it for my little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very niceproject ! I like your work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the touch of putting the label on the outside of the back, too. Very RTW.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin