Monday, October 1, 2012

Pajama Bottoms/Schlafanzughose


Great minds think alike, or so I like to tell myself :-). Shannon showed her PJ bottoms in a cute quilting fabric on Wednesday, and I also have a pair left from before my vacation to show you.




It's rather expensive to buy quilting cottons in Germany, so when an online shop had a sale I jumped on this Heather Bailey fabric. Even with my well-documented love for bright colors and patterns in summer, this is a bit much (for me) for day, but it sure brightens, so to say, my nights!



DD was very disappointed this fabric wasn't for her. Since then I've had visions of a girls' shirt dress in this fabric. Lucky for me I didn't have enough fabric for a dress :-) . I also forgot about the smaller quilting width (again!) and just eeked this out of a meter of fabric by cutting crosswise. The selvedge does double duty as the hem.

The pattern is „rubbed off“ (cut around) another pair of Pjs.

Happy sewing!

*******************

Als ich diesen Stoff von Heather Bailey bei Quiltzauberei im Angebot sah, war es um mich geschehen. Ich habe eine schlimme Schwäche für Designer-Quiltstoffe, aber was fängt man damit an? Für Rock oder Kleid war er selbst mir (!) zu bunt.



Ach ja, Schlafanzughosen gehen immer, und so bekam Töchterlein nicht das gewünschte Kleid, auch wenn ich mir den Stoff gut als Mädchen-Hemdblusenkleid vorstellen kann. (Sie konnte nicht fassen, dass ich so einen schönen Stoff nicht für sie bestellt hatte! Gibt’s denn so was?)



Für ein Kleid hätte er eh nicht gereicht, und die Hose kam auch nur gerade so hin, weil ich mal wieder die schmale Stoffbreite vergessen und nur einen Meter bestellt hatte. Quer zum Fadenlauf zugeschnitten und mit der Webkante als Saum kam ich auf den Millimeter aus!

Ach ja, der Schnitt ist einfach von einer anderen Schlafhose abgenommen. Für so etwas Schnitte zu kopieren bin ich einfach zu faul!

Näht schön!


4 comments:

  1. I always think that sleep wear should be fun! These pj pants certainly are.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I made my daughter a summer dress out of this same material a few years back. We have the same taste in quilt prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! This reminds me that I need to make a pair. I don't usually wear them (I'm a nightgown kind of person) but they are great to take camping or to a friend's house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to find some HAPPY fabric like yours to make some winter pjs too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin