I have a few issues with blogger. How come if I start writing a post on Sunday, finish it on Wednesday and hit "publish" on Thursday, it shows Sunday's date? Also, why won't my pictures show up where I want them? Then again, I'm rather computer illiterate, so things can only get better.
Tomorrow's Ash Wednesday, so I'd better finish my costume reviews. The angel was also self-drafted, roughly along the lines of the witch costume, only bigger for my DS. I had intended to have some folds underneath the blue neck band/facing for a slightly billowy effect, and I thought I'd drafted it accordingly, but when I sewed the blue band/facing to the front, the lengths fit exactly without any ease. Oh well. I like how it turned out, so it's all right. When we went to Thursday's parade, DS rode his bike, wings flying behind him, which was a really nice effect!
A little note on the wings which turned out quite well - stiff enough to stand out, supple enough not to break or crease. I used the fashion fabric for front and back (all polyester satin), interfaced the outwards part with fleece fabric and quilted in some "feathers", and interfaced the inwards part with a very stiff interfacing meant for bags (incidentally, not stiff enough for bags really, but great for wings). Then I sewed it all together with a tight zig-zag-stitch (no serger here, regrettably) and hand-stitched it to the back of the costume.
The kindergarten party was a great success!