Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ottobre Woman 2-2009 skirt 9

Sew. I've been sewing.
Not blogging, mind you, because our fast wireless internet connection is broken. Fixing it is going to take 1-2 weeks, for different reasons, one of them I'm sure being that we Germans love our paperwork. And taking the long route anywhere. I feel a rant coming on, but I have to be strong, since I'm posting at the office and don't want to draw this out.
Funny thing about Ottobre. I lo-o-o-o-o-ve their children's pattern magazine. Just looking at it makes me happy. So many patterns. Such pretty clothes.
It's different with the women's issues. I really appreciate their touch of reality, showing real woman instead of impossible models, looking pretty and confident. But the patterns? So few. And the clothes? So boring. Really? It's actually the entertainment factor that's missing. Looking at the line drawings, I could sew up half of the patterns and they'd fit my closet perfectly. Also, a very good mixture of basics and fashion. I guess I'm more accustomed to high fashion shoots than I'd admit!
The skirt:
I'd seen this kind of skirt, with the diagonal folds in front, in a fashion magazine, and immediately wanted one. Now this is quite untypical of me, I usually ponder a project for weeks, but I had bought the polyester print satin (see the post below) on a whim, seen the new Ottobre a couple of days later, and got started. Due to my motto of "slow and sure" this was last week, and now I only have to finish attaching the waistband, button and buttonhole, and the hem, leaving the decision on the most flattering length for last. Ottobre has you finish the hems while assembling the upper skirt and then the lining. It doesn't make sense to me.
Pictures of the finished garment to come sooner or later. I'll try to upload through our ultra-slow internet connection at home, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Internet problems are such a pain. Messes up everything. I would be livid! Maybe it frees up some time for sewing though?

    I've never seen Ottobre. I hear it mentioned and should try to find a copy.

    I'll be looking forward to seeing your skirt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin