Monday, June 22, 2009

Ottobre 6/2007 no. 16

The girl's dress is done. Without the red buttons. I think I added enough detail that it doesn't need further decoration.

I really recommend this pattern. It went together well, is easy to execute and well explained. The pattern is for a lined dress, but the lining can be left out easily without making any changes in the sewing, since the neck- and armholes are bound with bias fabric.

I made a size 98 according to DD's measurements. In RTW, 98 would be much too small... Reverse vanity sizing for kids?!

The fabric and notions have all been used in other garments before - the denim from the last fabric market in DS's pants, as well as the striped ribbon; the red polka dot in this girl's dress from last year, and the whale fabric on the Easter dress and bunny shirt. I have enough denim left for a skirt for me. I'd really like a new denim skirt. But how boring!

The whale decoration is self-drafted, and now I have visions of a whole sea-inspired wardrobe floating (!) around my head. So many ideas, so little time...

Next up: This dress in that fabric. If I can drag myself away from the children's stuff.


  1. Sweet little dress. You did a nice job embellishing.

  2. Sooooo adorable! I love the applique :-)

  3. That dress is super-cute! Boutique-worthy.

  4. So cute! The checkered bias trim and pocket bows are such cute touches.

  5. Very cute! I love the whale motif.

  6. Enjoying your blog.

    If you would like to pay me a visit, you can find me at:

    I just posted some sweet little quick and easy little sundresses I made for my 8 year old daughter with instructions on how to do it yourself, and I recently made a maxi dress for myself from a 1974 pattern I found in an antique store.



    (My 8 year old also has her own blog where she shares her sewing adventures.



Blog Widget by LinkWithin